Over the past decade The FIG Fund has supported a wide array of programs throughout Newfoundland and Labrador and prides itself on the geographic and sectoral diversity of its granting. Our funding comes from the generosity of our many supporters who donate either directly to the Fund or through our various fundraising events. Grants of $1000 to $5000 are made annually, with a requirement for a report and, where appropriate, pictures to share with our supporters.
You can see a list of our previous recipients and read their reports here. These reports constitute heartwarming evidence of the appreciation of support for woman and girls in need in our province, and the value of our grants in assisting them through eligible organizations.
The FIG Fund Grants Committee is currently seeking applications for projects scheduled to be completed by the end of 2023. If your organization has any projects or programs that assist women and/or girls exclusively, we invite you to review the eligibility criteria below and if applicable, complete the Grant Application Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 14th 2022.
While not all applications are successful, the Grants Committee reviews them all and endeavours to ensure diversity in granting throughout the province. Please feel free to share this with any organizations that may be interested in helping women and girls through The FIG Fund.
If you have any questions regarding the applications please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered charities, municipalities, and other qualified donees are eligible to apply.
Please note, the following are not normally eligible for FIG grants:
• Political or fraternal organizations, service clubs, or third-party organizations that raise funds for charity.
• Individual pursuits.
• Private (fee-based) elementary or secondary schools.
• Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in a significant project benefiting the entire community.
• Endowment or memorial campaigns.
• Retroactive funding.
• Deficit reduction.
• Fundraising events or golf tournaments.
• Advertising or promotional campaigns.
• The publication of books or production of films.
• Private foundations.
• Medical or scientific research.
• Scholarships or bursaries.